• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Marvel universe plots-keep bad guy away from the shiny thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally someone said it!
though this exactly why i love the spider-verse movies; neither of them have this plot, and the plot they do have is pretty dang compelling. Across the Spider-Verse came out recently, and the whole theater was going mad by the end. it's got to be one of the few movies i'll say is near-perfect, which is surprising considering i don't even like marvel!

That seems unfairly reductive. Certainly Marvel (and DC) films, as comic-book superhero movies, have a formula, but that formula is applied across multiple genres: horror, action-comedy, war film, sci-fi tragedy. They're all designed as tentpole films, so they were never intended to compete with mid-list films, rom-coms, domestic dramas - and neither did they displace those films. The core audience for comic-book movies is the core audience for swashbucklers of yesteryear from Indiana Jones to Star Wars. And I note it's not as if comic-book movies have prevented the release of more Indiana Jones or Star Wars movies.

The article was interesting, but the tagline comes across as a tad disrespectful.

finally someone said it!
though this exactly why i love the spider-verse movies; neither of them have this plot, and the plot they do have is pretty dang compelling. Across the Spider-Verse came out recently, and the whole theater was going mad by the end. it's got to be one of the few movies i'll say is near-perfect, which is surprising considering i don't even like marvel!
Your review has sold me. I'll check it out. I love Guardians of the Galaxy-but it is all about character. The shiny thing plot is the usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back