Fanfare! LOVE our Pop-Ups panellist Emma Robinson because...

Dandelion Break Tolkien's Dragon

Inspiration! Open call for scripts at the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateESal

May 5, 2018
Spain
...she writes immersive, emotional fiction which I find unputdownable
...she is an excellent Pop-Up Submissions special guest panellist
...she is a warm friendly person
...SHE'S GIVEN ME A FANTASTIC ENDORSEMENT FOR MY YA SUSPENSE NOVEL..!!face that pins TWITTER (2).jpg
Have I already quoted this on the back cover?
Hell yes!
Want to find out if you agree with Emma's opinion?
Oh, go on then — here's the link to where you can get it

Aw, Emily...! That means a lot to me! Thank you!

Also, thought you might be interested to know that alongside the graphic novel treatment of Toyzonia (aka Treasureland), I'm also working with an illustrator with the aim of self-publishing Toyzonia 1 as an illustrated chapter book.... :)

Aw, Emily...! That means a lot to me! Thank you!

Also, thought you might be interested to know that alongside the graphic novel treatment of Toyzonia (aka Treasureland), I'm also working with an illustrator with the aim of self-publishing Toyzonia 1 as an illustrated chapter book.... :)
Omg, my kids will LOSE THEIR MINDS!!!! Everytime I'm on here and they see your profile pic, they ask about your book!! (when, oh when, will it be published?!?) I've a long list of kids I'd love to buy that for (12 nieces and nephews and 4 Godchildren all at the perfect age or approaching :) )

my kids will LOSE THEIR MINDS!!!!
I hope they still will be kids by the time I get it published (!!)
But it's because of their enthusiasm that I'm pressing forward. Tell them thank you for the unstinting belief!! :)

Just one problem with, Emma, though.

She’s been successful entirely without an agent…
Ha ha, yes!

Interesting that Bookouture essentially acts as Emma's agent as well as her publisher. Obviously, this setup will only work depending on the relationship they have with their authors. If it does work, then the author gets to keep a greater percentage of their earnings and the publisher has a direct line to their author, without having to go through a third party.

Should more publishers investigate this? Or, perhaps create semi-autonomous literary agencies linked to their publishing business....? I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandelion Break Tolkien's Dragon

Inspiration! Open call for scripts at the BBC

Back