• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Flash Club June Flash Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Welcome to the June Flash Club, the central point of all Litopian brilliance, all on one thread :deciduous-tree:

For the challenge this month, I was thinking, what if, hypothetically, we were to have Litopia Merchandise printed... like T-shirts, mugs, tote bags, cushions (the list is endless), what tagline/phrase/ wording would you choose?

We are looking for a pithy or witty or clever or romantic or poetic line or two that is on the theme of Litopia or writers or writing. Something you would like to read on your large mug of coffee in the morning, or be proud to haul your library book around in a tote bag displaying the line of brilliance :)

The entry with the most votes on the 30th of June, 2023, will be the winner of an extraordinary hand-crafted (!!) virtual trophy. And, more importantly: some of our very prized, and internationally-renowned, virtual Litopi-cake.

***NOTE!***
A thumbs up/like = 1 vote
"heart-eyes" and a "laughing face" emoji vote = 2 VOTES.

The competition is open to all members. Feel free to enter more than once.

-The main rules here are:

Your entry must be original work

We ask you not to critique

AND

Please make your entry anonymous by clicking the anonymous button, but if you forget, don't worry, that's okay too. (Note: Guardians can see who posts.)

Best of luck!

Welcome to the June Flash Club, the central point of all Litopian brilliance, all on one thread :deciduous-tree:

For the challenge this month, I was thinking, what if, hypothetically, we were to have Litopia Merchandise printed... like T-shirts, mugs, tote bags, cushions (the list is endless), what tagline/phrase/ wording would you choose?

We are looking for a pithy or witty or clever or romantic or poetic line or two that is on the theme of Litopia or writers or writing. Something you would like to read on your large mug of coffee in the morning, or be proud to haul your library book around in a tote bag displaying the line of brilliance :)

The entry with the most votes on the 30th of June, 2023, will be the winner of an extraordinary hand-crafted (!!) virtual trophy. And, more importantly: some of our very prized, and internationally-renowned, virtual Litopi-cake.

***NOTE!***

AND

Please make your entry anonymous by clicking the anonymous button, but if you forget, don't worry, that's okay too. (Note: Guardians can see who posts.)

Best of luck!

***NOTE!***

AND

Best of luck
Great idea, Emily! Are you posting it on another Litopia conversation thread so people who don't usually check what's up in the Flash Fiction Club will see it? I did so by chance today--first time, since I haven't been writing flash fiction--so, seeing this post, I feel I got lucky! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back