Fanfare! Is this a record?

State-Of-Mind Why I left teaching…

Amusement Writing memes (add your favourites)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E G Logan

Nov 11, 2018
Liguria, Italy
Just received a rejection today from a British agent (no names, unless you really want to know). My submission, which has been revised at least twice since then, was sent on 16.06.21.

It's a form rejection, into which my title has been cut and pasted in a different typeface. And, the icing on the unprofessional cake, the agent goes on to plug a "£99 How to Write a Novel Online Course and a range of editorial services – including full editorial reports, reports on the first third of your novel and copy-editing" from a "sister company".

Hmm... with just the most rudimentary bit of Internet delving (two clicks) I can see the inspiration for the M.O.

Quelle surprise... not. :angry-face:

Just received a rejection today from a British agent (no names, unless you really want to know). My submission, which has been revised at least twice since then, was sent on 16.06.21.

It's a form rejection, into which my title has been cut and pasted in a different typeface. And, the icing on the unprofessional cake, the agent goes on to plug a "£99 How to Write a Novel Online Course and a range of editorial services – including full editorial reports, reports on the first third of your novel and copy-editing" from a "sister company".
Oh My @E G Logan what a beauty. o_O

I can see the inspiration for the M.O.
This is the second ostensibly 100% straight agent I've come across – and I was really shocked by the first one – to have tried to market editorial services to their rejectees.
It's all part of what AP calls 'monetising the slush pile'.

But if I'd been fragile, depressed, deeply disappointed, whatever, I might have signed up for some of the suggested nonsense!

now i really do want to read the writing myself and see just how jerky these agents must be to reject it. i can't stand people who would go out of their way to be so passive-aggressive (or honestly just rude) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

State-Of-Mind Why I left teaching…

Amusement Writing memes (add your favourites)

Back