L

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol Rose

Basic
Sep 13, 2014
Indiana, USA
Evernight Publishing assisted with a week long Bookbub promotion for Irrefutable - Tortured Love 2 - beginning today. This is the first book I've had accepted for a Bookbub promo. They are ultra picky.

The email went out to their subscribers this morning at approximately 9:30 AM Eastern Time, and here are the latest stats. I've never had an Amazon author ranking under 100 in the six plus years I've been published, and I've never had sales so high for a single title. The exposure alone is worth the price of the promotion. Plus, the other books in this series are selling very well today, too!! :D :D :D

Irrefutable Amazon 5.7.17.png
Amazon author ranks 5.7.17.png
https://www.amazon.com/Irrefutable-Tortured-Love-Book-2-ebook/dp/B01LY5GZE1/

Very interesting. So is the idea that you apply to Bookbub, and if your application is successful, you pay them and they offer your book to their readers for free for a limited time [how long?], so that you benefit from the publicity / exposure? How many of the Bookbub downloads translate into reviews, or is it too early to say? Can you put figures on the sales increase [i.e., paid-for] associated with the higher Amazon ranking?

Very interesting. So is the idea that you apply to Bookbub, and if your application is successful, you pay them and they offer your book to their readers for free for a limited time [how long?], so that you benefit from the publicity / exposure? How many of the Bookbub downloads translate into reviews, or is it too early to say? Can you put figures on the sales increase [i.e., paid-for] associated with the higher Amazon ranking?

It's not free. It's 99 cents this entire week. The way Bookbub works is that you apply for a featured deal. Their fees are based on the genre. Because this one is dark romance, it's cheaper than the general category of erotic romance (less subscribers right now with an interest in dark romance).

They only take certain lengths, and it has to be error free, so all that crap on Amazon that's never seen a red pen doesn't get through. You set the price you'll discount it for, and for how long, and which retailers. Because Evernight is my publisher and has to do all that, they ask we only set it for 99 cents at Amazon. That one gives them the least hoops to jump through to change a price. If Bookbub accepts it, they send an email and an invoice. Once it's paid, they set up the date. Mine was a month out from acceptance. Evernight lowered the price the night before, and yesterday morning Bookbub sent out the email with the featured deal to all their subscribers who indicated an interest in receiving deals for dark romance novels.

WAY too early to say what ROI is on sales or reviews. :) I won't know about sales for six months. Amazon's royalties are a quarter behind, because Evernight gets paid a quarter behind by Amazon. As for reviews, we'll see if any new ones pop up because of this. The owner of Evernight did tell me that she has never seen a Bookbub feature *not* recoup its price and then some. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are You a Weirdo?

L

Hi

Back