Book Review: Hereditary (2018)

VOTING IS OPEN!

Question: What spring has sprung for you lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 604

4GFPuL14eXi66V96xBWY73Y9PfR.jpg

Title: Hereditary

Tagline: Every family tree hides a secret.

Genre: Horror, Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Director: Ari Aster

Cast: Toni Collette, Alex Wolff, Milly Shapiro, Gabriel Byrne, Ann Dowd, Mallory Bechtel, Brock McKinney, Jake Brown, Morgan Lund, Zachary Arthur, Austin R. Grant, Gabriel Monroe Eckert

Release: 2018-06-04

Runtime: 127

Plot: When Ellen, the matriarch of the Graham family, passes away, her daughter’s family begins to unravel cryptic and increasingly terrifying secrets about their ancestry.

I watched it yesterday and I have to admit it does have a few scary bits in it. But I don't know if I should bow down and accept the bewildered ending or try to work out the need, the logic behind it and the intense ichor in it just to provide a male host for a demon/spirit called Paimon.
I find myself asking the question was it all really necessary and what happens next.

Paimon finally has a male host so what next...

I'll let my fellow Litopian's watch and decide for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
After I watched it. I phoned @Tim James and slept with the light on that night. When Annie cuts off her own head with the wire/string from the piano while she’s levitating in the air. It was scary but looking back now it was bizarre. And what really annoyed me was the story had no resolution whatsoever, just a really baffling ending.

Hello @Deleted member 604,

We are changing the status of this ticket to closed as we have not heard back from you in 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTING IS OPEN!

Question: What spring has sprung for you lately?

Back