Harper Lee

• Thread starter Thread starter tabby3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tabby3

"To Kill a Mockingbird" will not be Harper Lee's only published book after all.
Publisher Harper announced Tuesday that "Go Set a Watchman," a novel the Pulitzer Prize-winning author completed in the 1950s and put aside, will be released July 14. Rediscovered last fall, "Go Set a Watchman" is essentially a sequel to "To Kill a Mockingbird," although it was finished earlier."

This should be a really interesting read containing as it must, a pre civil-rights movement perspective.

The whole thing is such an incredible story... I love that she put it aside and forgot about it, and then when she rediscovered it was saved, she actually doubted if anyone would publish it! Amazing. I can't wait to read it.

We’ve covered the HL saga quite extensively on The Debriefer... her lawsuits, her alleged biography, and so on. The lady is a magnet for controversy. I very much doubt whether this manuscript will be an exception...

According to Wiki:

The title comes from Isaiah 21:6: "For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth."

1. So, no pressure then.
2. (cheap shot alert!) Usually it's the publishers who are blind and deaf and
3. here I thought my second effort was taking a while. Turns out it's ticking along nicely.
•This article in the (I know it's the) Daily Mail does cock an eyebrow though, don't it?

Intriguing!
1. So, no pressure then.
2. (cheap shot alert!) Usually it's the publishers who are blind and deaf and
3. here I thought my second effort was taking a while. Turns out it's ticking along nicely.
•This article in the (I know it's the) Daily Mail does cock an eyebrow though, don't it?

Speaking of pre-civil rights era material, I thoroughly recommend The Scotsboro Boys if anyone’s in London over the next few weeks. Extraordinary true story, extraordinary musical, extraordinary performances. By the composers who created Cabaret and Chicago, so quite some pedigree. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back