Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Jo

Oct 26, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
The illustration is of the Dullahan, the Irish headless harbinger of death that inspired the Legend of Sleep Hollow.

I'd like to host a zoom Monday 30th ,maybe around 7pm-could be later, to mark the end of Irish summer. I can offer the legends and tales of supernatural beings that inspired Halloween to become international celebration. And some of my own experiences and stories. I'm hoping to hear even better ones from all of you.

I have an idea as to how we could accommodate all the different timezones for a Halloween story event. You know how on New Year's the celebration starts around the world beginning in Australia? What if we do that but maybe backwards? Start in Europe anndendin Australia?

I do a zoom here. Jason does one in North America. And someone does one in Australia-NZ? I'm thinking Monday night for the European zoom and 6 or 8 hours later the North American one. But when for the Australian?

The host for each timezone would have to find the time that suits their participants. And of course gather in the poets, bards and storytellers that are best in their land.

On Nov. 2nd All Souls Day, when by Irish tradition the dead return to visit we could have all 3 recorded zooms available tool Litopians. . Or maybe just one a day? Starting with Halloween?

Does anyone have a story, a song, a poem that will make this a Halloween to remember? That they want to contribute for the camaraderie of storytellers and telling around the world? A strange premonition? A dream that made you feel you were in another world. A supernatural encounter? Something that you've never spoken aloud? Bring it to share. And I'll tell you about the other occupants at our 100 year old house who didnt think dogs belonged inside. Until they did.

As you can see nothings set in stone. This is just the kernel of an idea. Is anyone else up for this?

For inspiration have a look at these: 10 True Scary Stories That Will Raise the Hair on Your Neck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Take A Moment Writers getting physical

Class-Action Suit Against OpenAI Filed

Back