P

Bonjour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Clegg

Basic
Aug 7, 2014
Swindon, UK
Good to see Litopia back with us. For those who didn't know me before I'm a popular science author and make my living from writing.

Here's hoping for great things!

Good afternoon Brian and welcome back.

I have just left a message on a Facebook page frequented by former Litopians. Hopefully that might help spread the word a little!

Definitely good to be back! I've missed the Colony and look forward to many future discussions.

Hello, Brian. I'm not stalking you. I swear.
Nice socks, btw.

I remember remarking on how cool Barry Cunningham's socks were (bright red ones) and he was very dismissive. Why would one wear red socks if one wasn't courting comments? Granted, he was up on stage and I was a stranger shouting up from the audience.

I googled Brian but he only ever appears from the knees up, so no luck there. He may wear quantum socks.
My reference to 'socks' in the previous post was an attempt at humour that I really should have road-tested first.

Here's a picture of me with really boring socks (but at least in the company of M G Harris):

BtAIlshCIAAYUYw.jpg

I do, though, have my nice red DMs on.

Interestingly, there is a famous paper about quantum socks, 'Bertlmann's Socks and the Nature of Reality' by John Bell.

I remember remarking on how cool Barry Cunningham's socks were (bright red ones) and he was very dismissive. Why would one wear red socks if one wasn't courting comments? Granted, he was up on stage and I was a stranger shouting up from the audience.

That’s pretty strange - because one of my favourite children’s publishers, David Fickling, also wears red socks. And a nice bow tie. One wonders whether there’s a conspiracy...

Great to have you back, Brian. I've been keeping an eye on your work - really excellent stuff!

That’s pretty strange - because one of my favourite children’s publishers, David Fickling, also wears red socks. And a nice bow tie. One wonders whether there’s a conspiracy...
I have emailed David Icke and he will be calling round their houses to check for lizards.

It took me a while to connect "BrianC" with oh, that chap who writes the popular science books ;) (which I do very much enjoy, by the way!)

It's good to see a few familiar faces here, just wish I had realised sooner that Litopia had returned :D

:D Glad to hear you enjoy them!
Funnily enough, one of them was what brought me back to Litopia. I was attempting to organise my Kindle (I keep running out of room :eek:).

One of your books was in my current reads folder and seeing a Litopian's name reminded me to check here for the first time in months :D so for indirectly being responsible for me finding out Litopia is back, I thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Questions for Susan Greenfield, Baroness Greenfield

P

Bonjour

Back