Casting off

M

Returned from China to Wreak Havoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
I see a lot of it here, and you know I'm not talking Walter Raleigh and cloaks on puddles, though why not, if anyone wants to chuck a cloak on a puddle and see what happens.

There's more than a little plain old-fashioned moral fibre in evidence; a dogged and sometimes even rather lonely fortitude; talents honed with many dreams but few expectations, furrows being ploughed in the teeth of cold winds, against various kinds of odds. All the while laughing a little at ourselves. That's what I call gallantry, and grace.

And a note of thanks, to @AgentPete who has entirely on his own initiative, provided this space. There's a heck of a lot of work in the fact that it exists, with downloads to buy but free to the users, with all its links and buttons.

Pastime with Good Company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q4sclrHTtg

Raleigh-clearing-the-way-for-the-Queen.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely to all of the above. Three cheers to all you ploughers of furrows, with all your dreams and talents - and that includes you, Katie-Ellen - and a very big and belated thank you to AgentPete for creating such a wonderful arena. I suspect there is nothing like it anywhere else.

Katie-Ellen, you voiced something that I had noticed as well, and which had remained only a vague impression until now. This is rather a last bastion of gallantry; perhaps that is why we can all breathe so much easier here.

Thank you @AgentPete for this altruistic and life-altering haven, @Alistair Roberts and @Richard Sutton for keeping the show going, @Brian Clegg the Flash Club arbiter-extraordinaire, and all my fellow Litopians for making the Colony what it is as well!

I feel like that was too much like an Academy Awards speech.

Also Katie-Ellen, I would be so much more productive if there were a group following me around playing The Kynges Balade. You cannot listen to that and not do something awesome.

[QUOTE I would be so much more productive if there were a group following me around playing The Kynges Balade. You cannot listen to that and not do something awesome.[/QUOTE]

One just feels so...ROYAL

Yes Katie-Ellen, I agree wholeheartedly. Funny your choice of music includes a picture of King Henry VIII. His last 14 or so years, were one big shake up in history, and the current time period of my novels. This site not only provides a lot of useful info, often provided by said members (unnamed or named), but it provides further inspiration. Surely, this is the authors home away from home? The "Royal Authors Seat".

Hag, Haggle, Hag-ridden. All good words with a bit of resonance, though not quotidien in usage. Unless one wanted trouble.

The cushion is a loan from the Litopia Stores, sirs, I am sure Peter will not object.

Ethics are really important. Especially in business. I think everyone who makes money, and every company director should start with the question - "who are we and what are our values?"
After that, work out your business strategy.

[QUOTE I would be so much more productive if there were a group following me around playing The Kynges Balade. You cannot listen to that and not do something awesome.[/QUOTE]

And then there is this; utterly brilliant theme for Wolf Hall by Debbie Wiseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Casting off

M

Returned from China to Wreak Havoc

Back