...from an old member

A question of titles

Pedestrian Writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2018
Sunderland
Hi all. I've had a long rest from forums for all kinds of reasons. I used to be regular years ago and was lucky enough to be on Litopia After Dark - a superb podcast. Has that been lost forever? Just seen the pop-up submissions. Mint! Nice to see the place is still pushing boundaries. Quick bit about me - I write children's fiction. I started out in YA, wrote four books before deciding to start over in Middle Grade. That's all going well. So... howdy, from and old member

Colin, how nice to have you back!

LAD is on long-term hiatus. I do remember having you on, and you were very good!

All our shows are still available here, still available as podcasts (still getting decent download numbers) and I’ve just added a radio stream as well (my little Easter project, you’ll find the player at the foot of the main index page here).

I’d love to add more shows – we currently only have two active ones, Burning Books and The Debriefer – but producing and originating completely new content is very time-intensive. What I think we could do quite easily is to offer a good home to an existing show or two. Any suggestions, let me know.

Thanks all. Yup, I'm enjoying that learning curve of navigating the site. I've just found out the genre houses are still here but hidden for new members, which makes sense. I think when I joined first time round we had to upload a piece of writing for the moderators to look at - a way to keep the trolls at the gate.

Hi Colin. I look forward to seeing some of your work on here, once I work out how to navigate the site.
@Carly, I'm always interested in how new members engage with Litopia - what's easy, what's confusing, what's impossible, and so on. Would you consider writing up some notes for newbies, perhaps? Taken from your own experience?

My experience is limited. I first found Litopia several years ago but I couldn't find the forums for critiquing, not realising that these are hidden until a member has been on this site for seven days and has gain twenty (?) points.

I returned after Colin recently mentioned Litopia on another forum and his comment reminded me about Litopia. It was then I realised that the critique forums are hidden, which explained why I couldn't see them before. My feedback would be that it's nice to see the standard of people's work and the critiques given, even if I cannot post. With this in mind, I would have preferred the critiquing section to be open to view but with the post option blocked.

I have joined from another writing site which, I feel, is easier to navigate but has few members due to only taking payment and not updating the site for many years. So, any feedback I give regarding Litopia would be based on my comfort with the layout of this other smaller site.

Your avatar's all the cool you might need, I reckon, Colin. Every time I look at it I hear incantations and imagine you're casting a spell. ;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A question of titles

Pedestrian Writing

Back