Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
Lodeve, France
6ApDtO7xaWAfPqfi2IARXIzj8QS.jpg

Title: Ford v Ferrari

Tagline: They took the American dream for a ride

Genre: Drama, Action

Director: James Mangold

Cast: Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Jon Bernthal, Caitriona Balfe, Josh Lucas, Noah Jupe, Tracy Letts, Remo Girone, Ray McKinnon, J.J. Feild, Jack McMullen, Corrado Invernizzi, Joseph Williamson, Ian Harding, Christopher Darga, Shawn Law, Emil Beheshti, Darrin Prescott, Alex Gurney, Benjamin Rigby, Ben Collins, Francesco Bauco, Guido Cocomello, Adam Mayfield, Sean Carrigan, Lachlan Buchanan, Giles Matthey, Rudolf Martin, Evan Arnold, Darin Cooper, Elizabeth Dement, Wallace Langham, Jonathan LaPaglia, Brad Beyer, Ottavio Taddei, Giovanni Cirfiera, Wyatt Nash, Drew Rausch, Ward Horton, Luigi Debiasse, Michael Lanahan, Tanner Foust, Peter Arpesella, Andrew Burlinson, Lou Beatty Jr., Stefania Spampinato, Dallas Chandler, Scott Rapp

Release: 2019-11-13

Runtime: 152

Plot: American car designer Carroll Shelby and the British-born driver Ken Miles work together to battle corporate interference, the laws of physics, and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.

My daughter was very snooty about watching this film her brother had recommended; "I don't like cars and I'm not interested in racing." Well, you could have fooled me. We all sat riveted (and at times holding our breath) to the film - no interruptions, no comments (apart from the occasional 'Oh my God').

So even if you think you are not interested in cars or racing it is worth seeing.

(It bears no resemblance to Steve McQueen's original Les Mans movie, which sounded like a bit of an ego trip. Although new camera techniques were invented for the film, they had no story or script written before they started filming).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Useful Web resource to find word counts of books

Dilemmas

Back