Flashbacks, place your bets...

Do You Know Where You're Going To?

News New Flash Club Opening…

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RainbowNerdAlix said They have got to have some good foundations though first :)

These include

A habit of reading so you are already familiar with key elements of fiction writing; grammar and style: syntax, genres and tropes
Your central thesis/character/idea
Your basic story arc, even if it's only 3 points to start with
A head of steam and stamina sufficient to glue your backside to the chair often enough and long enough to finish the first draft

Sod the market. You want to write, you have to say a lot of 'soddit'.

'Build it and they will come.'

Lenormand got locked up by order of Napoleon for 12 days. She did a reading for him, on Josephine's recommendation, and sensed he was about to divorce Josephine. She knew Josephine, and he had to make sure he got there first. Had her locked straight up after the reading, lol.

@RainbowNerdAlix said They have got to have some good foundations though first :)

These include

A habit of reading so you are already familiar with key elements of fiction writing; grammar and style: syntax, genres and tropes
Your central thesis/character/idea
Your basic story arc, even if it's only 3 points to start with
A head of steam and stamina sufficient to glue your backside to the chair often enough and long enough to finish the first draft

Sod the market. You want to write, you have to say a lot of 'soddit'.

'Build it and they will come.'
Love this bit :)

Hey Everyone, Just to let you all know the piece of writing I’ve mentioned in this post. I’ll be putting it up in The Writing Room shortly and I would like some of your feedback, if that’s okay? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do You Know Where You're Going To?

News New Flash Club Opening…

Back