Is Writing an Addiction?

Fanfare! Northern Writers' Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy Lou

Basic
Mar 14, 2016
Colombo
This was forwarded to me by a CP. I don't know if this is legit or not. But perhaps it's worth a look?

We at Flame Tree are delighted to launch a new imprint: Flame Tree Press. As you will know, we have accepted short story submissions in the past for specific themed anthologies, but for this new imprint we will now be accepting novels – in the range of 60,000 to 120,000 words – in the realms of SF, fantasy, horror and crime fiction.

We'll be opening for a first round of submissions from 5th December 2016 to 15th January 2017. If you have a whole manuscript that you'd be interested in submitting, please do take a look at our submissions policy here for further information: www.flametreepublishing.com/submissions.

Gillian Whitaker

Fiction Editorial Board
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Having looked at their website, it is concerning (to me, at least) that their "About Us" tells you nothing about the individuals behind it. It seems too vague, vacuous and less than concrete.

They seem to have jumped into the fiction game as an afterthought. It looks like they've published non-fiction, but they also sell notecards, phone cases, and items along that line. I don't know. It's kind of bizarre. I'm wondering if they aren't a vanity press? You have to admit it's unusual to find a "book publisher" that is also a retailer for printed items like calendars and such.

I can't find the fiction contract they say is available to read on their website. Has anyone else located it?

When I tried to find their fiction books listed on Amazon, this is all my search returned:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_0?fst=asff&rh=n:266239,p_27:Flame+Tree+Publishing,n:!1025612,n:62,n:426362031&bbn=62&ie=UTF8&qid=1482064972&rnid=62

Last edited:
There wouldn't be anything. They say they are wanting to branch out into brand new fiction. But if they are launching a vanity press, at least they have established trade channels, more than many others, who deliver diddly squat to help authors with that side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Writing an Addiction?

Fanfare! Northern Writers' Awards

Back