Help! Questions for Mal Peet on LAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

booknut77

Basic
Sep 22, 2014
Wyoming
This morning, Creative Prose Publishing accepted my book for publication!:D
Some of you old time Litopians may have read earlier beginnings of it called Bound. I now call it The Gift of Lies, unless they change that of course. Thanks to anyone who helped me with it ages ago, and accept a virtual hug of joy from me. Jumping up and down now . . .

Congrats :) Wheee. Tell us a bit about it, for those who don't know it from when it was 'Bound'?....

Katie: Here is the blurb I just suggested for it.

The locals call the place Jake’s Hell. It’s a badlands of rock-rugged cliffs and sharp pinnacles that no sane person would attempt to enter and Summer McCalister’s uncle has seen some pretty crazy things there.

The Atomalians call it Daneye. An alien city of unequaled beauty, masked behind illusions to keep it secret. Atomalians have been taught that natives of Earth must never know about them and their powers of the mind or it would interfere with native progression and it would destroy the Atomalians’ peaceful lives.

When Summer is drawn out of bed and pulled to Jake’s Hell by an urge she can’t control, she fears she is crazier than her uncle. But when the young Ahtomalian, Bentri, becomes ill, his parents are overjoyed to think that he has bonded so young, until they realize he has paired with a native girl. His world is suddenly and completely devastated. Bonding is a natural part of their lives. It occurs spontaneously, is unstoppable and irreversible, so much so that to kill one would exterminate the other. Problematic, as a native girl who has seen the city will be destroyed . . .

Of course it ends with them saving the city from the evil governor who's only gift of the mind is to make people believe his lies.

Conga rats :D
Conga_Rats___Updated_by_Mirz123.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Always Looking Back...

O

Help! Questions for Mal Peet on LAD!

Back