FAKE!

Potential agent to avoid

How to not critique voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel L

Aug 24, 2021
Switzerland
Okay I'm skiving off mid-move but this link shared by fellow blogger Meeka (Record Label fakes Golden Hour) blew my socks off. Never mind AI, there is so much manipulation going on in the media, who knows what is legit any more? Had never heard of the song BTW but it is a very memorable piano riff...

Wow! @Mel L Thanks for posting.

This stuff is getting quite concerning.

Just watched a programme here in UK on the rise of AI last night. Among other things they went into something they're calling "deep faking". Not just celebs, either. Everyday people too, right down to them walking and talking with accurate voice simulation and lookalike-ness. All put together in less than half an hour with readily available software and a photograph.

One mother received a call saying her daughter was being held hostage by kidnappers. The caller played audio of the daughter seemingly sobbing and begging (AI voice replication) her Mum to pay a ransom or else. Luckily the mum was able to contact her daughter to find out it was a scam. However, she spoke of 5 minutes of unimaginable terror until she found out the real position. And this tech is still in its infancy.

They also highlighted music and general office work as in danger. Oddly no mention of creative writing, though.

The tech is amazing but I think its cost in job losses and other collateral damage, particularly in the hands of criminals and nutcases will be a massive problem for society.

Here is the video they showed on ITV's programme of an AI deep fake of Zelensky. In it he tells his soldiers to lay down arms and surrender to Russia.

And here's an except from the show itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potential agent to avoid

How to not critique voice

Back