Help! Embarrassingly simple technical question re recording on mobile

Showing character descriptions in 3rd Person POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

E G Logan

Nov 11, 2018
Liguria, Italy
I apologise that this question is doubtless embarrassingly simple to those of a technical bent.

Q. I need my MC to record a snippet of speech (2 Qs, 2 As, about three sentences in all) on her phone. I think I'm OK with that.
The snippet will then be sent to someone who can translate the answers. Can you tell me simply how she would do this?? Would she need to record it in some different form first?? How?
I don't actually need to do it – heaven forfend! – just to be able to write 'and then she........it to the professor' in a convincing way.

i would imagine recording it as a video on her phone, with her just covering the camera, then emailing it to her professor. i believe there is a little "share" button when viewing the video on your phone, so realistically she would click that, then click "email to..." in the little window that pops up.

i believe there is a little "share" button when viewing the video on your phone,
Not on my phone. My new bank manager gasped out loud the other week when I told her I couldn't access my (new) account online because my phone 'can't do apps'. She looked at it, on her desk, and gulped.

But then I don't actually need to do it, just to know about it. For which, many thanks!

My new bank manager gasped out loud the other week when I told her I couldn't access my (new) account online because my phone 'can't do apps'. She looked at it, on her desk, and gulped.
now i'm curious -- what kind of phone do you have? (no judging here-- i have an mp3 player from the 80s :) )

now i'm curious -- what kind of phone do you have? (no judging here-- i have an mp3 player from the 80s :) )
Dunno – dark grey, it has Nokia on the front above the screen and in the centre of the back. No model number. 12mm x 5mm, slim. Takes two sim cards, which seemed like a good idea but much too complicated in reality.
I also have a (Italian) contract for it which covers only voice and texts. I think it might do internet, though it's never been asked to.

Obviously, it's very old. Maybe more than 10 years.

I have a newer British one, but I don't seem to do much with it except charge it (like now) – and authenticate my Amex purchases. It's much smarter than me, which is never a good thing.

And, yes, the bank manager did say it might be time to consider a new one. She pointed out that my new credit card – the bank has just changed ownership – does deals on phones. (I can see why she's the manager.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showing character descriptions in 3rd Person POV

Back