A Fabulous Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
eByrTo3s4VQqKGlZwxEPymSfpeA.jpg

Title: Dream Horse (2021)

Tagline: Hearts Will Race

Genre: History, Drama

Director: Euros Lyn

Cast: Toni Collette, Damian Lewis, Owen Teale, Joanna Page, Nicholas Farrell, Siân Phillips, Karl Johnson, Peter Davison, Raj Paul, Jo Wheatley, Atul Sharma, Alex Jordan, Manoj Anand, Asheq Akhtar, Wong Charlie, Katherine Jenkins, Clare Balding, Alan David, Lynda Baron, Steffan Rhodri, Rhys AP William, Carwyn Glyn, Benji Wild, Anthony O'Donnell, Darren Evans, Di Botcher, Rekha John-Cheriyan, Brian Doherty, Max Hutchinson, Aneirin Hughes, Adam Sopp, Gerald Royston Horler, Rhys Horler, Katrina Ward

Release: 2021-05-21

Runtime: 113

Plot: The inspiring true story of Dream Alliance, an unlikely race horse bred by small town bartender, Jan Vokes. With very little money and no experience, Jan convinces her neighbors to chip in their meager earnings to help raise Dream and compete with the racing elites. Their investment pays off as Dream rises through the ranks and becomes a beacon of hope in their struggling community.

For me a saccharine fest but reminiscent of South Wales where I spent the first half of my life - I even worked in Blackwood for a time, where it all took place. The portrayal of small town Welsh valley life is spot on - the characters, the band, the club, the beer, even the undertaker. It's an uplifting story but 'feelgoods' are not really my thing. The horseracing scenes could have been better, but with a budget of only £20m you can't expect too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfare! Dingo & Sister wins two Aurealis Awards! *squee*

A Fabulous Opportunity

Back