Decision time

Scriptwriters, Radio Drama opportunity

Fun or Profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was in 2007 when a short story I'd written won a prestigious literary prize in Ireland (Michael Mc Laverty - Short Story Competition). It was called Mr Finch and told the story of the final moments of man about to be executed in Belfast. The recognition of that story was further cemented when it was published along with nine others in a book with a forward written by Seamus Heaney. There was a launch in Belfast's Linen Hall Library and Heaney signed my book - 'To Damian, who would have thought the hangman could be so poetic? Seamus Heaney."

If your interested in reading MR FINCH - it's freely available on my website - www.damiannorth.com

For me it was in 2007 when a short story I'd written won a prestigious literary prize in Ireland (Michael Mc Laverty - Short Story Competition). It was called Mr Finch and told the story of the final moments of man about to be executed in Belfast. The recognition of that story was further cemented when it was published along with nine others in a book with a forward written by Seamus Heaney. There was a launch in Belfast's Linen Hall Library and Heaney signed my book - 'To Damian, who would have thought the hangman could be so poetic? Seamus Heaney."

If your interested in reading MR FINCH - it's freely available on my website - www.damiannorth.com
This is an amazing story. Gripping, suspenseful, and poignant.

That must have been some moment :) Bet you were buzzing :)

We should all be so lucky :) I did meet Terry Pratchett once :) Hand shake, book signage and 10 min conversation about nothing in particular :) Lovely man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptwriters, Radio Drama opportunity

Fun or Profit?

Back