Could You Be Our Next Guest Booker for Pop-Up Submissions?

Will your Stories make a Difference?

Presenting time--digits or words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
These are big shoes to fill. The entirely fabulous Katie-Ellen takes up new responsibilities next year, and after being Pop-Up Submissions Guest Booker In Chief for… (well, pretty much ever since we started, I think) she now finally has to hang up her Rolodex and move on.

Apart from being a wonderful guest in her own right (she has the same laser-beam instincts you’d find in a good agent – all flattery aside) she has been my right-hand person in getting this show on the road. Thank, you, Katie-Ellen :)

So, after Xmas we will need a new Guest Booker. I should say that Katie has done us proud with guest bookings through till mid-February, so you will have some time to work your way into the role.

In a nutshell, being the Guest Booker involves researching possible guests, contacting them, prepping them and scheduling them in. Come the new year, we’ll be looking to work more closely with existing publishers and their publicists, so you would be able to develop some good industry contacts.

Pop-Up Submissions is only going to build on its success, which is in no small part due to Katie-Ellen’s tireless efforts - so look forward to fun, frolics and… the unexpected!

Post any questions here, and feel free to send me a PM if you’re interested.

I love the idea of job-share @KateESal, I could do the emailing part (if any), and Kate could do the speaking to people to organise bit? If that could work and the time zone thing isn't a big problem? Just an idea?

Last edited:
I would be very happy to jobshare with Rachel. We would cover the northern and southern hemispheres and the opposite timezones between us. If Rachel is happy to do the initial contacting and basic scheduling via email etc. I could follow up with the finer details and any talking that's needed...I think that would work! <metaphorically high-fives Rachel>

So, unless anyone else particularly wants to do it, @AgentPete, looks like you have our collective hat in the ring. :)

You're a reader and a writer and a Litopian, Steve. Fully qualified!

But okay, fair enough. We'll wait until you're a celebrity, then :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will your Stories make a Difference?

Presenting time--digits or words?

Back