Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
vkwgzCBBiY3C1XEy0WakYfMOvnG.jpg

Title: Color Out of Space

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Richard Stanley

Cast: Nicolas Cage, Joely Richardson, Madeleine Arthur, Elliot Knight, Tommy Chong, Brendan Meyer, Julian Hilliard, Josh C. Waller, Q'orianka Kilcher, Melissa Nearman, Amanda Booth, Keith Harle

Release: 2020-01-24

Runtime: 111

Plot: The Gardner family moves to a remote farmstead in rural New England to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard, melts into the earth, and infects both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly colour. To their horror, the family discovers this alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches—including them.

Curious how anyone might film HP Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythos. Turns out… you can’t. At least, not on this showing. Feels interminably long (2 sittings).

I do wonder about Nicolas Cage’s career. Can't remember when he’s been in anything that isn’t hokey…

He's not my favourite. Always so po-faced. Might give it a go though. Premise reminds me of another sci fi , Annihilation, where something landed and everything mutated, including....But no, whoops. Better not spoil it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Update

Book Review: The Boxtrolls (2014)

Back