Question: Christmas Stories

News AI is in trouble yet again

Event My daughter's first UK Exhibition

Does anyone have any whacky Christmas stories? I'd love to hear them. I've never been much into Christmas being a sad orphan and so on. But I remember one time being homeless on the beach and going to welfare. I told the lady I'd spend everything on alcohol and she handed me $50 from her own purse. Please share your stories. Can't wait to hear them.
Sorry I'm late on this @Serra K but here's my story.

On Christmas 1959, in Walsall, England, the house where we lived caught fire from a gas leak and the new sofa and living room that my parents had gotten just a few months earlier went up in flames, along with all the coats and dresses that mom had sewn especially for Christmas. We had nothing left at all. Walsall Social Welfare office took us to a large shop, the Co-op in Bridge Street, and dressed us from head to toe. People came to help us with food and furniture - and for me it was one of the most beautiful and warmest Christmases I remember.

One Christmas when my husband and I were childless, by choice, my SIL passively aggressively gave us children's toys for xmas. Yeah. I dunno. I checked with a local church and there were 2 women and 3 children in the women's shelter so I took the toys and some other stuff there xmas eve. I remember one woman getting a real kick out of being able to choose and wrap the presents herself because I'd thrown in some paper at the last minute. I dont remember anything else about that xmas, but I will never forget her face.

Last edited:
One Christmas when my husband and I were childless, by choice, my SIL passively aggressively gave us children's toys for xmas. Yeah. I dunno. I checked with a local church and there were 2 women and 3 children in the women's shelter so I took the toys and some other stuff there xmas eve. I remember the women getting a real kick out of being able to choose and wrap the presents herself because I'd thrown in some paper at the last minute. I dont remember anything else about that xmas, but I will never forget her face.
Wow. Good for you xxx

News AI is in trouble yet again

Event My daughter's first UK Exhibition

Back