Fanfare! Charity draw and book release

Plan for backups

On writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K.J. Simmill

Hi all,

I am so happy that I just wanted to stop by and tell you all about it.

For a pre-release event of my books Darrienia and Herbal Lore, which come out tomorrow, I did a charity raffle where all the proceeds were donated to the neonatal department of my local hospital.

The unit is a level 3 intensive care unit, which provides the highest level of intensive care for vulnerable babies from the local area and across the West Midlands network. How do I know this? My son was delivered prematurely due to a problem with his heart and I spent six weeks there with him. They were a fantastic team, and other than annual chocolates at Christmas I wanted to give something back, even if it is only something small. So in addition to donating 10% of the royalties from Darrienia to them, I also decided to do this fundraiser.

Thanks to everyone's support I managed to raise an amazing £95 for them, I was so pleased about this I just wanted to announce it here.

Every book I write will be donating a % of the royalties to a charitable cause, my other book, Herbal Lore is donating to DMWS (The St John and Red Cross Defence Medical Welfare Service)

On a side note, but a major one, my books are being released tomorrow. I am so excited and horribly nervous about this that Mothra has taken up permanent residence in my stomach.

If you want to see what my books are about I am going to very cheekily put the Amazon links here,

Darrienia UK
Herbal Lore UK

Darrienia US
Herbal Lore US

Anyway have a fantastic day everyone.

Take care. x

Hi all,

I am so happy that I just wanted to stop by and tell you all about it.

For a pre-release event of my books Darrienia and Herbal Lore, which come out tomorrow, I did a charity raffle where all the proceeds were donated to the neonatal department of my local hospital.

The unit is a level 3 intensive care unit, which provides the highest level of intensive care for vulnerable babies from the local area and across the West Midlands network. How do I know this? My son was delivered prematurely due to a problem with his heart and I spent six weeks there with him. They were a fantastic team, and other than annual chocolates at Christmas I wanted to give something back, even if it is only something small. So in addition to donating 10% of the royalties from Darrienia to them, I also decided to do this fundraiser.

Thanks to everyone's support I managed to raise an amazing £95 for them, I was so pleased about this I just wanted to announce it here.

Every book I write will be donating a % of the royalties to a charitable cause, my other book, Herbal Lore is donating to DMWS (The St John and Red Cross Defence Medical Welfare Service)

On a side note, but a major one, my books are being released tomorrow. I am so excited and horribly nervous about this that Mothra has taken up permanent residence in my stomach.

If you want to see what my books are about I am going to very cheekily put the Amazon links here,

Darrienia UK
Herbal Lore UK

Darrienia US
Herbal Lore US

Anyway have a fantastic day everyone.

Take care. x
I pre-ordered both. I will see about getting a paperback of Herbal Lore from you at some point too xx

What a wonderful idea, it's just a shame I wasn't able to donate, I really wanted to. Maybe when I buy a paperback from you. Congrats on the release, keep up the good works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan for backups

On writing...

Back