• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Help Please! Bring Back The Marketplace…?

Should We Bring Back The Marketplace…?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
United-Nations
It’s been suggested that we should bring back the Marketplace, an area here where members could advertise their books (but not just books) and sell directly.

I removed it during the forum restructuring a few weeks ago… without telling anyone… largely because it didn’t seem to have much use, and little-used forums don’t look great to potential new members.

However – it’s absence has indeed been noticed :)

So should we bring it back – and if so, what should it be called?

Please express your thoughts below, within the next 10 days from the date of this post.

Well...you know how I feel about this. Bring it back !!!

I like The Bookshop. Maybe Local Reads or The Book Nook?

I think it would be cool to get a temporary badge for those who "buy local." If the site can't automate this functionality, I'm sure an honor system will do. Buy a book, tick an "I bought local!" button, and the badge stays up for 30 days.

I don't know that I would ever use the marketplace as a seller, but I had a look around it when I first joined, and as a browser and potential customer it holds enough interest for me to support the bring it back campaign.

Back