Book Title

M

The only explanation is that he has a lobster on his head.

Fanfare! Aesthetica Creative Writing Award - win me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J. Rook

First of all, Litopians may congratulate me, if they have a moment. Today I have completed the three-months-long re-working of the very first book I wrote - a sci-fi tale which takes inspiration from contemporary cosmology.
As I went through the text I became dissatisfied with the original title and I began to try different ideas, checking each one on Google. During this search I came across a collection of "Bad Book Covers." Lots of unfortunate titles, of course, as language use has altered ("Fags Together" for a 1920s schoolboy story, for example), but one set me laughing, and here it is. I'm sorry that Jason won't be able to turn it into a meme.The Manly Art of Knitting.jpg

Hey, in Peru, knitting is men's work. I spent a lovely boat ride once, sitting next to a clutch of young men all talking and knitting. Not sure about riding and knitting, though...looks dangerous ;)

Hey, in Peru, knitting is men's work. I spent a lovely boat ride once, sitting next to a clutch of young men all talking and knitting. Not sure about riding and knitting, though...looks dangerous ;)
The Peru story makes sense. I suppose the women will do the spinning. I believe that the "pattern master" of UK knitting is a man. It's the angle of the horse's head that really speaks to me. I'm thinking that the publisher hired a cowboy, pushed the knitting into his hand and said "look as though you're interested." The horse has become increasingly intrigued and is about to walk over to the cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

The only explanation is that he has a lobster on his head.

Fanfare! Aesthetica Creative Writing Award - win me!

Back