Book Giveaway!

J

Behold!

K

Writing Bad Manuscripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interest of trying to get more reviews, I'm offering 100 copies of my book Back to Santa Fe, a modern-day, Southwestern mystery, free through Library Thing for a month. It's available in any eBook format you prefer. If any Litopians have an interest, here's the link (scroll down to find the title...): http://t.co/Bz1w3IpLDw

Giveaways and 99cent sales have been only partially useful for my titles. Have any Litopians found them a good tool? Maybe they work best in specific genres?

Attachments

• back2santafefrontcover2rgb96-tn-wmedal.jpg
    back2santafefrontcover2rgb96-tn-wmedal.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1
It's certainly very hit and miss. My publisher has sometimes had a big success with 99p sales on Kindle (deal of the day/week kind of thing), because if you get enough momentum it pushes you well up the ranking so you end up appearing like one of mine does here:
bestselling.png

... and that visibility makes a lot of difference. If something becomes that visible, you can easily get sales in 4 figures during the promotion, and then continuing to sell much faster than previously when back at full price - perhaps for another month.

However I've also had ebooks they've done the 99p thing with and it has sold maybe 100 extra copies. So it's a gamble, but certainly can work.

I have been vaguely wondering about giving away an ebook version of my first novel. I guess it can't hurt and with two other novels available (and a third soon), it could help sales with those. Certainly worth considering.

In the interest of trying to get more reviews, I'm offering 100 copies of my book Back to Santa Fe, a modern-day, Southwestern mystery, free through Library Thing for a month. It's available in any eBook format you prefer. If any Litopians have an interest, here's the link (scroll down to find the title...): http://t.co/Bz1w3IpLDw

Giveaways and 99cent sales have been only partially useful for my titles. Have any Litopians found them a good tool? Maybe they work best in specific genres?
Thank you, I look forward to reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Behold!

K

Writing Bad Manuscripts

Back