Fanfare! Blog Link in Main Menu

News Writing Killer Blurbs - Out Now

From the Golden Age

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
You’ll see that there’s a new “Blog” link now in the main menu above, the second link from the “Home” link.

Clicking the “Blog” item will now take you to a list of all your blog posts, and another button “Add New Post” that will allow you to make a new blog post.

If you haven’t yet started public blogging here, please do!

There’s a set-up guide for you here.

On the home page (which my computer atomatically logs me into) there's no easy way to find the blog. Having the link on the top bar helps me go there to write it. But there's no easy way to just view it from inside the site. It's not under forums, or what's new, or in a sidebar. Is very easy not to see it.

On the home page (which my computer atomatically logs me into) there's no easy way to find the blog. Having the link on the top bar helps me go there to write it. But there's no easy way to just view it from inside the site. It's not under forums, or what's new, or in a sidebar. Is very easy not to see it.
OK, so when you say view it, do you mean this page:
?

If so, would a sub-menu item work, under the main "Blog" menu item?

Ah, no. I didn't mean another link for writing a new post. I meant a link for those of us in the site to easily view the last blog post or posts.
I know quite a few of us know about the blog, because we write it. But we get new members all the time. And it would be nice for them to easily be abe to see what things are available. They can see all the forums. They can see the excellent seminars and the craft chats. But where are we advertising the blog for them to go and read and share? It feels a bit like the blog and Litopia are disconnected.

Ah, no. I didn't mean another link for writing a new post. I meant a link for those of us in the site to easily view the last blog post or posts.
I know quite a few of us know about the blog, because we write it. But we get new members all the time. And it would be nice for them to easily be abe to see what things are available. They can see all the forums. They can see the excellent seminars and the craft chats. But where are we advertising the blog for them to go and read and share? It feels a bit like the blog and Litopia are disconnected.
Ok now I'm on Vagabonds side. It would be nice to just click and the first thing you see is the list of blogs not your own.

However I think the whole point of the blogs is that they are public and disconnected from Litopia. If we want to put some of our fiction up, or write on politics etc-being separate from Litopia is a good thing. You dont have to write about writing. Your audience is THE WORLD.

News Writing Killer Blurbs - Out Now

From the Golden Age

Back