Book Review: Ben Aaronovitch. Remember that name

Fanfare! Character art.

Unpublished MS contest - Book Pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Jo

Oct 26, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
If you love Terry Pratchett's later books I think you will equally love The Rivers of London series. The concept is original, the characters vivid as a Dali painting hanging in a landscape gallery. I am so freaking in love with his voice which manages to bring science to fantasy. The audible books are helped by a reader who is the most talented voice actor I think I've ever heard. I'm the third book in with the series and his mastery of the craft has me fangirling all over the place. Aaronovitch wrote for the early Dr Who as well as other popular series. 'Rivers of London' is like Happy Valley meets Dr. Who. Even if you don't think you like fantasy try a book just for the sheer craft of his story telling. I like that he also has a downloadable RPG game on his website. Great marketing.

If you love Terry Pratchett's later books I think you will equally love The Rivers of London series. The concept is original, the characters vivid as a Dali painting hanging in a landscape gallery. I am so freaking in love with his voice which manages to bring science to fantasy. The audible books are helped by a reader who is the most talented voice actor I think I've ever heard. I'm the third book in with the series and his mastery of the craft has me fangirling all over the place. Aaronovitch wrote for the early Dr Who as well as other popular series. 'Rivers of London' is like Happy Valley meets Dr. Who. Even if you don't think you like fantasy try a book just for the sheer craft of his story telling. I like that he also has a downloadable RPG game on his website. Great marketing.

I'm enjoying his books at the moment. Just finsihed Moon over Soho. excellent story, great voice, though, I don't see the Terry Pratchett connection. It's humourous, but it doesn't bring the late great sir Terry to mind when I read it.

I'm enjoying his books at the moment. Just finsihed Moon over Soho. excellent story, great voice, though, I don't see the Terry Pratchett connection. It's humourous, but it doesn't bring the late great sir Terry to mind when I read it.
It's in the quality and the humanity. Aaronovitch like Pratchett is one of the very few writers who can explain people to people. They both transcend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfare! Character art.

Unpublished MS contest - Book Pipeline

Back