Fanfare! Award finalist (x3!)

Another update: Thrilled to share that "What Bones These Tides Bring" won the Sir Julius Vogel Award for Best Short Story over the weekend. And the anthology it was part of Remains to Be Told: Dark Tales of Aotearoa won Best Collected Work!

Quick blog update about it all here for anyone interested: Award wins for ONCE WE FLEW and "What Bones These Tides Bring"
God I love your titles. You could have a whole side biz just titling things. Well DONE!

Wow! Huge congratulations, Nikky!!!!! How are you celebrating???!
Chocolate. I was ill prepared and didn't have any alcofrolicks in the house (or at least the not kind I like).

God I love your titles. You could have a whole side biz just titling things. Well DONE!
You could be onto something, but usually these titles come like pulling teeth. Though there seems to be a correlation between the stories that have titles that come fully formed in my head before I even start writing and the stories that win things. Hmmm... more testing needed.

Chocolate. I was ill prepared and didn't have any alcofrolicks in the house (or at least the not kind I like).

You could be onto something, but usually these titles come like pulling teeth. Though there seems to be a correlation between the stories that have titles that come fully formed in my head before I even start writing and the stories that win things. Hmmm... more testing needed.
I am in awe. Titles elude me. Like cats when you have to give them a pill.

Back