Too Late For Halloween but...

Reasons for rejection: the literary magazine POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Clegg

Basic
Aug 7, 2014
Swindon, UK
I love doing talks based on my books (though I can't bear watching myself, so I'm not sure why I'm passing this on), so just in case you are feeling masochistic, here's my latest, based on my book Dice World, videoed by the Royal Society.

It's an interesting one - doing talks. I know lots of writers who hate it, but I really enjoy the opportunity to perform, and I am convinced that it is one of the best ways to build a following who connect to you more personally as an author than simply finding your books on the shelves or Amazon. Would you agree?

I love doing talks based on my books (though I can't bear watching myself, so I'm not sure why I'm passing this on), so just in case you are feeling masochistic, here's my latest, based on my book Dice World, videoed by the Royal Society.

It's an interesting one - doing talks. I know lots of writers who hate it, but I really enjoy the opportunity to perform, and I am convinced that it is one of the best ways to build a following who connect to you more personally as an author than simply finding your books on the shelves or Amazon. Would you agree?
Congrats!!

I enjoyed watching the segment. You have a relaxed easy manner.

Wow! With such a fantastic setting your talk looks superb Brian. You are clearly a good communicator too within the science/theory field and this will compliment your University Challenge appearance very nicely!

Just one point Brian - you do realise that you have to earn a living by selling books don't you. If it was me I would ask if there are any German speakers in the room - if there are then offer them a signed copy for half-price! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too Late For Halloween but...

Reasons for rejection: the literary magazine POV

Back