Are you offensive and tasteless?

18 Writers' Conferences in August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you might expect, I already have several. Perfect attire for school speech day.

Don't forget the safety pin through the nose. Stereotyping is to be defied, which is why we have the word eclectic. And teachers do better for a mild fright, and if they don't, the children do.

Now, wordsmiths, are the words style and eclectic, mutually exclusive by definition? I don't know.

Don't forget the safety pin through the nose. Stereotyping is to be defied, which is why we have the word eclectic. And teachers do better for a mild fright, and if they don't, the children do.

Now, wordsmiths, are the words style and eclectic, mutually exclusive by definition? I don't know.
Not at all; "eclectic style" is not an uncommon term

One of my best moments was learning that 'ironing board' can be pronounced in Welsh as 'board smoothio.' Laughed for days. Still laughing now.

One of my best moments. Led a fairly dull life. Still hilarious.

@Patricia D My partner claims that it comes from the instances from the past, when people didn't manage to sell their braised pears (popular Dutch dessert). In this instance you could do nothing but throw them away, lost a daily income, and, in short, were fucked.

I just learned about eating crow from someone in the US. He said he ate crow for breakfast, because he had found a business use for FB having previously decided it was a waste of his time there.

My characters swear.
In the following passage of "The Return of the King", I find Tolkien having Gollum swear real classy:

Quote:

‘Wicked masster!’ it hissed. ‘Wicked masster cheats us; cheats Sméagol, gollum. He musstn’t go that way. He musstn’t hurt Preciouss. Give it to Sméagol, yess, give it to us! Give it to uss!’

Unquote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

18 Writers' Conferences in August 2016

Back