Anxiety happens....

You should write....

I always get....

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
"Anxiety happens when you think you have to figure out everything all at once. Breathe. You're strong. You got this. Take it day by day."

Karen Salmansohn

Anxiety happens when the daughter you are meant to be staying with at Christmas goes down with Covid...
and it increases while you wait to see if her brother/flatmate gets it too.
So, yes, 'taking it day by day' and admitting 'it is what it is' helps, to a point.
Maybe if I was as rich, successful, young, and beautiful as Karen Salmansohn, I'd be less anxious (despite Covid), who knows?

Anxiety happens when your body adjusts to a massive hormonal change, and you can't get your resting pulse down enough to deal calmly with the day to day stresses that you used to just sail through. Anxiety happens when people expect you to wear a face mask in shops, that makes you feel like you're suffocating.

I think the lady above is referring to self-doubt.

Anxiety happens every time the pennies run low and you don't know if you'll manage to pay next month's bills. Anxiety happens when you're going to phone your mother and you know she's going to kick off on one if you mention signing off your father's Will that she's refused to sign off for 3 years - and in that Will is the safety net that will ease the anxiety about bills survival. "You got this" - no, some of us don't. Some of us don't. Not at all.

Anxiety happens every time the pennies run low and you don't know if you'll manage to pay next month's bills. Anxiety happens when you're going to phone your mother and you know she's going to kick off on one if you mention signing off your father's Will that she's refused to sign off for 3 years - and in that Will is the safety net that will ease the anxiety about bills survival. "You got this" - no, some of us don't. Some of us don't. Not at all.
I totally get this thing about money. We live below the poverty line here. The only reason we can come to the UK at all is that an old friend of my mother is paying. I have had years and years of worrying about how I was going to feed the children, and only buying them new shoes when their toes started to curl over. We've never stayed on top of our bills and I have been reduced to using food banks more than once. (I hate it!) When my mum dies, 95% of my inheritance went to pay off our debts. But worse than that is realising that your kids are struggling and literally only have a few pounds to get through to the next student loan in January, and there is bugger all I can do to help them... Hence my desire to see them at least, so we can be together. Only the well-off can say "money isn't important". It damn well is when you don't have it. I also hate it when I say to the doctor that I'm stressed, and she asks "What are you stressed about?". Today I gave my GP a copy of my book. If she reads it, she'll understand :D Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to say that if this is the origin of your stress too, then we truly are sisters! Good Luck!

You should write....

I always get....

Back