Access to the Houses

In Praise of Naples

"Protecting your IP on the high seas of the internet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people popping in and getting feedback and not coming back is such a crime. I tend to learn as much from doing a critique as from having my work looked at it. Let them do that if they want.

I think we need to get writers in the houses (not much going on there at the moment!) All very well making members talk about cats and dessert to see if they have the patience required but what has that got to with writing, pray?

Let him in. Let THEM in. You can always chuck any of us out again.

A crime? No. Rude? Yes.

Yeah, and since we're all in different time zones, it seems like everyone's on all the time, because there is always somebody around. But, really, I probably spend a max of 30 minutes here any given day--usually in 5 min spurts when I need a break.

I kinda like how it is around here. Also, conversations are great. I've not wanted to post my query on the forum before so I posted in my status asking if anyone had the time to read my query to pm me, people were kind enough to do so and help. I mean, that was just a query, and I have been talking to these people for a while. But, if people have the time they might take up the offer. I'm also pro keeping the houses as something you don't get access to until you've become an active member on the forum. I don't think posting up work for all to see is a great idea. Call me paranoid, I am.

Anyway, I don't post every day, I go missing for weeks at a time, but I have access. I suppose because of how long I've been here and how I interact with others when I'm posting. So don't worry about not being able to post a lot all the time. You'll find a lot of useful information here and just the process of talking about how you write in answer to another user's question can be a learning curve. There are great articles and thoughts and opportunities posted by @Carol Rose @Paul Whybrow and @Katie-Ellen Hazeldine. And the rest, actually! Yes funny comments are written, and people talk about cake and cats and I've been distracted by it and ended up shaking my fist at the screen because it just makes me want cake, but just skim it if you don't want to read it. Honestly, I think it makes the place less intimidating and more welcoming. Like walking into the Mad Hatter's tea party.

Most importantly I feel, we support each other. Things going great and moving so quickly it's intimidating (looking at you @Emurelda!) Don't worry, we got you. Things not going so great? Don't worry, have some tea and ring the rejection bell - we all ding it sooner or later. After all:

LKYaoQd.jpg

See you about the forum!

And I sit at my desk all day and do not-a-damn-thing.

Seriously I actually got one carton delivered UPS like two hours ago, and I haven't done the three minutes of work necessary to process it yet.

Speaking of which... back in a couple minutes.

Yer, I know where you're working, and it ain't over there! Well, it is, but it isn't :D

I do not have a day job, I have been out of work since the end of September 2015, at which time I said to myself 'I am going to write, I shall become an aouthor'. Then I sat back for a couple of weeks, thinking about my Author lifestyle and realised I need to speak to like minded authors, hence Litopia. My writing has improved tremendously, although I do get rather annoyed with cats and cat lovers. Camels, I love camels, in Spain, you can buy camel chewing gum they are called 'cojones cameles', which translates to 'camel balls'.

Jason, have you looked in any of the UPS parcels? surely some great stories there.

I do not have a day job, I have been out of work since the end of September 2015, at which time I said to myself 'I am going to write, I shall become an aouthor'. Then I sat back for a couple of weeks, thinking about my Author lifestyle and realised I need to speak to like minded authors, hence Litopia. My writing has improved tremendously, although I do get rather annoyed with cats and cat lovers. Camels, I love camels, in Spain, you can buy camel chewing gum they are called 'cojones cameles', which translates to 'camel balls'.

Jason, have you looked in any of the UPS parcels? surely some great stories there.

Lol @ last bit.

Yeah, i can relate too. I feel like being here improves my writing. People don't always appreciate the value one gets from a forum like this. It's their loss but for the rest of us the important thing is to hold off our egos by keeping an open mind to improve our work. This is our writing careers we need to value that and others' experiences here.

Lol @ last bit.

Yeah, i can relate too. I feel like being here improves my writing. People don't always appreciate the value one gets from a forum like this. It's their loss but for the rest of us the important thing is to hold off our egos by keeping an open mind to improve our work. This is our writing careers we need to value that and others' experiences here.
Wise words. Taking our egos out of it is the first step. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Praise of Naples

"Protecting your IP on the high seas of the internet"

Back