• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Fanfare! A tiny trumpet trill- Thru to the next round of the Old Fogey SF Competition

Pamela Jo

Blogger
Hi Pamela,

It's my pleasure to notify you that your submission has moved forward to the second round of jury deliberations for the SLF's Older Writers Grants. We hope to have a final decision for you soon, but we are currently working through a higher than usual number of applications. Please be patient as we continue to work through them.

Best,
Connor Nevitt (he/him)
Associate Director
Speculative Literature Foundation

Hi Pamela,

It's my pleasure to notify you that your submission has moved forward to the second round of jury deliberations for the SLF's Older Writers Grants. We hope to have a final decision for you soon, but we are currently working through a higher than usual number of applications. Please be patient as we continue to work through them.

Best,
Connor Nevitt (he/him)
Associate Director
Yay! Well done!!! xxx

Woohoo! Fabulous news!

Happy 2 Broke Girls GIF by CBS

Good luck, Pamela !

Maybe not too good coz I got one on 31 July :D

It's my pleasure to notify you that your submission has moved forward to the second round of jury deliberations for the SLF's Older Writers Grants. We hope to have a final decision for you by the end of August.

Best,

Darius Vinesar (he/him)
Grants Coordinator

SLF blew past the end of August. They really got swamped.

Anyhoo...we're still in the race :woman-biking::person-biking:

Last edited:
Back