A new endeavour.

protagonist or antagonist

Do Novelists Have to Be Politically Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K.J. Simmill

Next year I am embarking on a new endeavour.

Those of you who know me, know I write adult epic fantasy and have self-published. Well recently, for my son's enjoyment, I turned my hand to writing children's stories. Just the rhyming picture book kind (hence my latest piece of flash being a quick rhyming story).

Well, to my surprise, some of them turned out really good, so good in fact that I am thinking next year I may begin the hunt for a literary agent. I never really saw myself writing toddler books if I am honest, so it kind of took me by surprise. The last time I wrote a kiddies book, it was a three book set done on a4 paper, in jest, as a gift for my husband, and was called Miffy dies. In fact we still have it somewhere.

I have read up on it and know that if they like my work, they will pair me with an illustrator, which is good, because aside from one, which I used pictures of my son for, none of them are drawn well as my drawing skill is of the stickman quality (not to be confused with awesome quality of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler's Stickman)

Anyway, I wanted you all to be the first to know. I do, of course, intend to continue writing my fantasy books, but this is just something else I feel the need to pursue. Nothing may come of it, but if I don't do anything at all, that's a certainty anyway.

Have a brilliant week all, and I will try to stop by a little more often.

Take care and Happy Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

protagonist or antagonist

Do Novelists Have to Be Politically Correct?

Back