Toughening Up the Signup Procedure

Cheat Sheets For Writing Body Language

So, what did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or...

Have applications to join made... in ink, on paper, by post?

Or (maybe not practical but this sounds good,), give us a sample of at least 3 paragraphs of something you wrote. MUST use commas and full stops. One 'period' allowed too. ;)

Lol how about interpretive dance instead?
Or (maybe not practical but this sounds good,), give us a sample of at least 3 paragraphs of something you wrote. MUST use commas and full stops. One 'period' allowed too. ;)
Yes James, but I'm not here, and I won't hit like, encase someone thinks I am (should I stick an exclamation mark in this time?). But all good points. *Runs away smiling* ;)
So one must either stick the exclamation point, or the landing. Shrewd...

Damn, I outsmart myself and didn't realise. Well that's one for the next novel............. *whoosh, I'm gone*

Or we accept that spammers are part and parcel of a successful forum and just send @Alistair Roberts cake each time :)

Alternatively make spammers purchase a book for the pleasure of making this come true... "If I had a book sale for every forum spammer on here, I'd be a bestseller"
Then we've turned spamming into a capitalistic tool. :D there may be some ironing to do with that one..just throwing it out there.

Something personal, I think. The Internet can mimic many things but it's not quite at the 'I, Robot' stage just yet.

Well I think Amber has a good idea for a second line of defense! (Pens at fifty paces?). Simply preventing them from posting for 24 hours may (may?) put them off. Clearly they join and post immediately, as I've seen posts 1-6 minutes old, and they were still online! (over-use of the exclamation mark I know...)
Or a forum just for people who join where they have to answer some of the 'what kind of writer' are you questions that were suggested above.

Yeah, it's a balmy 2 degrees C this morning. That's warmer than recent mornings, but with the gales whipping across the sea straight from Antarctica (nothing but a hedge between us and Antarctica, here on the coast), it's a bit brisk.

Come on over, beat the heat! We're huddled by the fire, because even indoors it's only about 54F. Insulation is rather optional in NZ houses, and our 130 year old shack is...um...well-ventilated.

Come on over, beat the heat! We're huddled by the fire, because even indoors it's only about 54F. Insulation is rather optional in NZ houses, and our 130 year old shack is...um...well-ventilated.
"Pop on over to New Zealand; the weather's great!" Robinne says.

I'll tell you what — if it were that easy, New Zealand would be where I would go after work every day. And sometimes back to the O'Byrne Motherland.

Well, you know it's easy to just pop in on your way to...Antarctica...Indeed, the Hercules flew over last night on its way down there--no mistaking that plane! Sounds like it's flying through the house.

I do actually want to visit Antarctica sometime.

Yes, that's what everyone says, but I had my first US friends visit last week...after living here 10 years. Follow through is always the problem! It's a killer trip (especially with kids in tow, which is the only way I've done it). Would you believe it if I told you that, until I was actually committed to moving here, I'd never even considered visiting? I didn't even know the LOTR movies had been filmed here! My vacation and ex-pat tendencies were all focused on Central and South America.

Well if I do a trip/visit to Australia, we could go via NZ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheat Sheets For Writing Body Language

So, what did I miss?

Back