Can I Promote My Book Here?

I Want / Don't Want Alerts from the Colony

I’ve Got a Question That Isn’t Answered Here…

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
We’re proud of our members' work and want to help promote it in every way we can. Please take a few moments to understand our approach to this, since may save some misunderstandings down the line.

Litopia is an active writer’s community. It’s an online “home” to many of us, and we apply the same high standards of behavior here as we would if you were visiting with us in the physical world. This means that we are more sensitive to how you conduct yourself here than you’ll find on the majority of other websites.

Anyone who signs up without bothering to read our House Rules and then spams random forums with promotional material will be swiftly and unceremoniously banned. It doesn’t matter what they’re promoting – sex toys or their latest masterpiece of philology. Regardless of content, spammy behavior will not be tolerated.

We’ve been criticised for this – mostly by those people who have been banned – as not supporting authors’ attempts to market their own books. On the contrary, we are more than keen to help everyone succeed commercially. But we will not allow the Colony to become a disorganised junk-heap of worthless content in the process.

Here’s how to promote your work here:
  • First, if you’re new to the Colony, please introduce yourself and check out the Prime Directive.
  • If you’ve just signed up with an agent or have just signed a publishing contract, post an announcement in Cafe Life and let us celebrate with you.
  • If your (traditionally-published or self-published) book has just been released, post full information including buy links in the Market Place.
  • Similarly, post full details, jacket picture and buy links in our Hall of Fame. The Litopia website is very old and this helps you build great backlinks.
  • If you would like to be considered as a guest on Pop-Up Submissions, which includes Litopia’s Book-of-the-Week promotion, please pitch us here.
We’re constantly looking for new ways to help Litopians sell their books – if you have a great idea, let me know!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Want / Don't Want Alerts from the Colony

I’ve Got a Question That Isn’t Answered Here…

Back