Prague

A nearly completed new draft

Best of the Year Part 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful, atmospheric photos. Have half a plan to go to Germany again and do a few detours. Might put it on the list.

Maybe I should plan on going by myself :) A LitFest in Budapest or Prague, we could do that, couldn't we?

Lovely photos.

Good to see some black & white shots. There aren't enough around anymore these days. Much more atmospheric. They can say more than colour.

Ah Budapest. What a wonderful place. I fell in love with the city and a girl back in the day.
Egészségére (ega sher gedara) is as far as my attempt to learn the language took me. A handy word for a drinker :)

Prague has just been added to my 'to go' list. I'm planning on Krakow this year (research), so I guess it's on the way.

Ah Budapest. What a wonderful place.
Yep. Back in 1989, I had the opportunity to see it from a rather unique perspective. An acting coach of mine was Hungarian and took a small group of thesps for an acting / sightseeing tour to Budapest. In his youth he was a known playwright but had to flee Hungary in WW2 when the Germans arrived. They didn't like his plays against the Nazi regime. He had to leg it out of a theatre one foggy night. He hid in a coal bunker nearby for a week before being smuggled out and into Switzerland. He showed us the coal bunker (it was still there, amazingly) and other sights of his life. Interesting. Scary.

If I remember right, back then Budapest had an Adidas shop. The locals would queue outside for hours just to go inside to look, but couldn't afford to buy.

Ah Budapest. What a wonderful place. I fell in love with the city and a girl back in the day.
Egészségére (ega sher gedara) is as far as my attempt to learn the language took me. A handy word for a drinker :)
The language is extraordinary. No connection at all to any other Indo-European tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A nearly completed new draft

Best of the Year Part 2?

Back