Pebble Is... Rubble

News Ingenuity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
The alt-Twitter social media website Pebble is closing down… we briefly had a presence there in a quest to move away from ecks.

They said “we were not growing quickly enough for investors…” and I sympathise with that. Twitter has never turned a profit but that, somehow, hasn’t stopped them.

So much of today’s internet is determined by a small group of rather greedy people who need a quick-hit RoI, especially from startups. Things would be so much nicer, I feel, if organic growth were given a chance.

Anyway, the search continues...

Ann Margret Sleeping GIF

The alt-Twitter social media website Pebble is closing down… we briefly had a presence there in a quest to move away from ecks.

They said “we were not growing quickly enough for investors…” and I sympathise with that. Twitter has never turned a profit but that, somehow, hasn’t stopped them.

So much of today’s internet is determined by a small group of rather greedy people who need a quick-hit RoI, especially from startups. Things would be so much nicer, I feel, if organic growth were given a chance.

Anyway, the search continues...
They said to keep in contact and who knows what may happen in the future,

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Ingenuity?

Back