News One specially for Marc

Querying an agent WITH publisher interest in the bag...?

Does This Bit Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, thank you, venerable artichoke. You know, it's funny, and I feel ashamed to admit this (but perhaps I'm getting too old and beanish to care) but the thing is, although I am aware of the Lovecraft 'beings' and the Lovecraft style -- such that I could probably correctly identify something as being 'Lovecraftian' -- the fact is that I have actually read very, very little of his work. And to be honest, I'm not sure if I was that fond of what I did read. But if/when I come across some dog-eared copy of his stories in a second-hand bookshop, I'll definitely purchase them to see what all the fuss is/was about. Am I a Philistine? Probably. But like I said, I'm not too bothered any more. Life is short, and getting shorter, so read what you like, not what you oughter.
I think I made that last one up, btw (unless I am subconsciously plagiarising) - catchy, non?

Mais oui, moi aussi, and my memory may fail me, being, you understand, an artichoke of advancing venerability, for ye be verily the only Litopian I recall ever to have invoked the dread name of Cthulhu. But then we readers and writers need only to recognise the phenomenon in terms of general literary appreciation, and this nod sufficeth, non?

Bien sur, c'est vachement juste, ca. Actually, I don't think your memory does fail, there was a Cthulhu-related sequence in Litopia two or three years ago, within which I posted to say how struck I was by the likeness between one incarnation of the hideous one and the CEO of a biotech company for whom I used to work, Can't find the exact image again, but this is quite close:
the_throne_of_r__lyeh_by_aquilianranger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Querying an agent WITH publisher interest in the bag...?

Does This Bit Work?

Back