• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Poetry Invitation to join me at the (Facebook) launch of my poetry book!!

The World Between the Words
Hi everyone, please join me if you can at the launch of my first poetry collection on 1 Feb. And, if you feel so inclined, please share to anyone you think might be interested. There will be a 5 day free e-book download that starts on the day. Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/events/922048685201857
Here is a link to my YouTube video teaser.
1f64f.png

1610880003955.pnghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES3uV2SNBLs...

I assume that is 5.40pm GMT?
If so isn't that right in the middle of Pop-Up Submissions?
It's past my bedtime but I will certainly download it. From amazon, I presume? Please show us the link here.
Anytime soon I should be doing something similar, a week free, with my book Broken Fingers.

I assume that is 5.40pm GMT?
If so isn't that right in the middle of Pop-Up Submissions?
It's past my bedtime but I will certainly download it. From amazon, I presume? Please show us the link here.
Anytime soon I should be doing something similar, a week free, with my book Broken Fingers.
Hi! It's 1 Feb at 10.30 am (London or UTC time) - in the morning. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the post! @Steve C

@Emily @Galadriel @RK Capps @Hannah F @Steve C
Just to be clear - it's 10.3- AM London time on 1 Feb. Hope to see you there - I am giving away three paperback copies. Gosh. the nerves! Also, apologies for not replying sooner - I need to ask Pete why I'm not getting notifications. I can be daft with tech - maybe I pressed a button. But thanks for the interest, I appreciate it!

@Emily @Galadriel @RK Capps @Hannah F @Steve C
Just to be clear - it's 10.3- AM London time on 1 Feb. Hope to see you there - I am giving away three paperback copies. Gosh. the nerves! Also, apologies for not replying sooner - I need to ask Pete why I'm not getting notifications. I can be daft with tech - maybe I pressed a button. But thanks for the interest, I appreciate it!
Hi Lana, Looking forward to supporting you! Wow, you're doing this on the sacred day of Imbolc - can only be auspicious :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Drat!

I'm really sorry @Lana Hun I totally forgot to set a reminder for your launch. I hope it went really well. Certainly sounded like it did.

Is it still viewable on FB or do you have the link for YouTube.

Just watched it all back. @Lana Hun on FB. Great event. Excellent, very slick and professional. Well done to both you, @KateESal and the enigmatic 'Dave'.

Lovely selection of poems, illustrations and readings. Best of luck with it and well done also for throwing yourself fully into grasping the nettle of self-promotion. Brilliant.

Well done @Lana Hun, and great job @KateESal !
I'm not on facebook, so I couldn't write a comment, but I was watching. :) Loved the sketch of the nesting gull! The person who asked if you sold prints - you should think about that!
Good variety of poems to give folk a taste of your book. Enjoyed them. :)
Thanks @Hannah F --- I am going to look into the prints as an option - why not, right? A girl's gotta eat! (Ice cream and chocolate sauce please) ... you guys are amazing xx

Just watched it all back. @Lana Hun on FB. Great event. Excellent, very slick and professional. Well done to both you, @KateESal and the enigmatic 'Dave'.

Lovely selection of poems, illustrations and readings. Best of luck with it and well done also for throwing yourself fully into grasping the nettle of self-promotion. Brilliant.
@Jonny Yep - self promotion - such a slippery toad! You have to believe that you've done the best you can (took me a while) and then you have to make a decision - to do it or not, because you can't half do it, even if it's really not what you'd like to do with your day. The Dark Side of self-publishing, but I do so like that I haven't given any control away. I think each project is different though. Some will want representation - for their own reasons. What a learning curve! Thanks so much for the support (I know I keep saying it, but I do appreciate it a lot!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Drat!

I'm really sorry @Lana Hun I totally forgot to set a reminder for your launch. I hope it went really well. Certainly sounded like it did.

Is it still viewable on FB or do you have the link for YouTube.
@Jonny - here's the Youtube link. It's better that Facebook because I snipped off the too long waiting bit at the beginning. Kate was scintillating - I have have had so many people wonder how I got so lucky! youtube lana hunneyball - Yahoo Video Search results

Just bought it. I am sure to love it :)
Note. Your link above goes to amazon.co.uk and they would not let me buy it as I live in Thailand I had to go to amazon.com and search for it. May be worth using a dotcom link as well.

Just bought it. I am sure to love it :)
Note. Your link above goes to amazon.co.uk and they would not let me buy it as I live in Thailand I had to go to amazon.com and search for it. May be worth using a dotcom link as well.
Yeah, still getting the hang of it, thanks! I'm moving the link to Marketplace now - sorry about that. :)

@Galadriel Thank you. I really loved your insightful comments. Dare I say you really added an air of very welcome sophistication to the chat! xx
Well, couldn't help myself once you'd mentioned Barthes!! Thank you so much too, Lana, for inspiring me to contemplate getting my own work out there. Loved what you did. It's a great feeling, supporting someone else xx

Back