News Impossible Creatures by Katherine Rundell

Inspiration! I feel like this book is the kernel of a story

Book Review: Complete works of Shakespeare. The Sonnets and a summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachael Burnett

Jul 31, 2022
Glastonbury, UK
‘Katherine Rundell, a brilliant children’s fantasy writer to rival JK Rowling. She’s a trapeze artist, a scholar — and now she’s written an instant classic for kids, Impossible Creatures, that matches Philip Pullman.’ September 10 2023, The Sunday Times

From the Back Cover​

A boy called Christopher is visiting his reclusive grandfather when he witnesses an avalanche of mythical creatures come tearing down the hill. This is how Christopher learns that his grandfather is the guardian of one of the ways between the non-magical world and a place called the Archipelago, a cluster of magical islands where all the creatures we tell of in myth live and breed and thrive alongside humans. They have been protected from being discovered for thousands of years; now, terrifyingly, the prot.

Review​

There was Tolkien, there is Pullman and now there is Katherine Rundell. Wondrous invention, marvellous writing. This book is her best yet, and that's saying something. Just riveting, quite extraordinary. ― Michael Morpurgo

A marvellous imaginative fantasy told with great style and sparkle - a book to race through in a day and keep for a lifetime. ― Jacqueline Wilson

Katherine Rundell is a phenomenon. She not only understands what fantasy is for and why children (and the rest of us) need it, but she crafts original and brilliant books that delight readers of all ages and kinds, while stretching our minds and filling our hearts. ― Neil Gaiman

I love Katherine Rundell's writing because it's so fresh and vigorous, and always so unexpected. The world of this new book is so intriguing and so well put together that I couldn't resist it. Readers who already know her books will seize this with delight, and new readers will love it and demand all her others at once. ― Philip Pullman

‘Katherine Rundell, a brilliant children’s fantasy writer to rival JK Rowling. She’s a trapeze artist, a scholar — and now she’s written an instant classic for kids, Impossible Creatures, that matches Philip Pullman.’ September 10 2023, The Sunday Times

From the Back Cover​

A boy called Christopher is visiting his reclusive grandfather when he witnesses an avalanche of mythical creatures come tearing down the hill. This is how Christopher learns that his grandfather is the guardian of one of the ways between the non-magical world and a place called the Archipelago, a cluster of magical islands where all the creatures we tell of in myth live and breed and thrive alongside humans. They have been protected from being discovered for thousands of years; now, terrifyingly, the prot.

Review​

There was Tolkien, there is Pullman and now there is Katherine Rundell. Wondrous invention, marvellous writing. This book is her best yet, and that's saying something. Just riveting, quite extraordinary. ― Michael Morpurgo

A marvellous imaginative fantasy told with great style and sparkle - a book to race through in a day and keep for a lifetime. ― Jacqueline Wilson

Katherine Rundell is a phenomenon. She not only understands what fantasy is for and why children (and the rest of us) need it, but she crafts original and brilliant books that delight readers of all ages and kinds, while stretching our minds and filling our hearts. ― Neil Gaiman

I love Katherine Rundell's writing because it's so fresh and vigorous, and always so unexpected. The world of this new book is so intriguing and so well put together that I couldn't resist it. Readers who already know her books will seize this with delight, and new readers will love it and demand all her others at once. ― Philip Pullman
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspiration! I feel like this book is the kernel of a story

Book Review: Complete works of Shakespeare. The Sonnets and a summary

Back