Huddle?

Rant Amazon*!#*

A good luck story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there probably will be be @georginaK Pete's current intention is weekly until 'normality' returns to the world.

Quite often the notice will go up on a Thursday - sometimes even Friday.

On the subject of Huddles, I've been a Litopian for a few months now, but I've yet to join a Huddle. A couple of days ago I bought a webcam in preparation. But what else do I need? I've read that you bring query letters, opening chapters, etc but how? Do you print off stuff to read prior to meet or do fellow Litopians have online copies? If I'm critiquing or mulling over stuff, I like to be able to read first and digest - so how does this work on a Huddle? Sorry if I appear dense!

Also, does everyone need a twitter account if you're commenting on Pop-Up submissions or can you just add comments via this site?

On the subject of Huddles, I've been a Litopian for a few months now, but I've yet to join a Huddle. A couple of days ago I bought a webcam in preparation. But what else do I need? I've read that you bring query letters, opening chapters, etc but how? Do you print off stuff to read prior to meet or do fellow Litopians have online copies? If I'm critiquing or mulling over stuff, I like to be able to read first and digest - so how does this work on a Huddle? Sorry if I appear dense!

Also, does everyone need a twitter account if you're commenting on Pop-Up submissions or can you just add comments via this site?

Video camera not essential for a Huddle (you can join by phone) but video is definitely the way to go if possible.

There will normally be a thread posted (often Thursday sometimes Friday) on the Huddle Forum asking for those wishing to attend to register their interest.

Then (again normally Saturday morning 10ish) @AgentPete will DM (conversations they're called here - via the little envelope icon top right of your screen) those who have registered with the login details for the conference call. Starts 5.00pm UK time and it's always a good idea to get there a little early to test your sound and vision connection. You can test from 4.30 onwards.

On that same thread (the DM) people will then attach (ideally as a word doc) whatever it is they'd like to share and discuss with the group - and it's as simple as that.

Depending on volume of submissions and how long each takes some may carry over to the following week's Huddle. Material varies from opening pages, to blurbs, synopses, titles etc. or even general questions about the industry. Anything writing, agenting or publishing-related goes pretty much.

Well worth participating as they are both very informative and good fun too.

Re Pop-ups there is a live chatroom here on Litopia during the broadcast and you can comment there. Or indeed on YouTube if you happene to be watching there. So no Twitter account necessary.

@Galadriel

Last edited:

And for Pop Ups, when that's live just come here and click on chat (up the top). I normally swap screens between YouTube and here or watch YouTube on my iPad and chat using my computer. Come join the fun :)

Video camera not essential for a Huddle (you can join by phone) but video is definitely the way to go if possible.

There will normally be a thread posted (often Thursday sometimes Friday) on the Huddle Forum asking for those wishing to attend to register their interest.

Then (again normally Saturday morning 10ish) @AgentPete will DM (conversations they're called here - via the little envelope icon top right of your screen) those who have registered with the login details for the conference call. Starts 5.00pm UK time and it's always a good idea to get there a little early to test your sound and vision connection. You can test from 4.30 onwards.

On that same thread (the DM) people will then attach (ideally as a word doc) whatever it is they'd like to share and discuss with the group - and it's as simple as that.

Depending on volume of submissions and how long each takes some may carry over to the following week's Huddle. Material varies from opening pages, to blurbs, synopses, titles etc. or even general questions about the industry. Anything writing, agenting or publishing-related goes pretty much.

Well worth participating as they are both very informative and good fun too.

Re Pop-ups there is a live chatroom here on Litopia during the broadcast and you can comment there. Or indeed on YouTube if you happene to be watching there. So no Twitter account necessary.

@Galadriel
Thank you, Jonny, lovely clear advice - I get it now! :D

And for Pop Ups, when that's live just come here and click on chat (up the top). I normally swap screens between YouTube and here or watch YouTube on my iPad and chat using my computer. Come join the fun :)
Oh, that's a good idea - yes, would probably watch on tablet and chat on computer. Thank you for more sensible advice!:D

Keep an eye out over the next 24 hours as nothing's appeared yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rant Amazon*!#*

A good luck story

Back