I Want / Don't Want Alerts from the Colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
I understand how frustrating it can be if things don’t work the way you’re expecting them to – especially if you’re a new member and are just feeling your way around the Colony.

Never fear. Help is just a few clicks away.

Ask One of the Guardians

The Guardians look after the day-to-day smooth running of the Colony and are always available to point you in the right direction or to answer any issues you may face here. You can contact them in a couple of ways.

For most questions, especially those that new members have, the best thing to do is to create a new thread in the Café Life forum using the "Help Please!" prefix, as follows.

(1) Go to the Café Life forum and hit the "Post Thread" button:

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 09-37-36 Café Life.png

(2) Select the "Help Please!" prefix:

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 09-39-08 Post thread.png

(3) Tag one of the Guardians in the post. Tagging a Colony member simply means typing their name and putting the "@" symbol in front of it, like this:

Both of the people above, Jonny and Ancora Imparo, are Guardians. Here's an example of how you might tag them in your post:

Hello, I’m new here and can’t seem to find the way to check my Colony messages. Help would be appreciated. @Jonny @Ancora Imparo

You'll find you'll get help pretty quickly, not just from the Guardians but probably from other members, too.

***​

A second way to contact the Guardians is to send one (or all) of them a personal message by starting a conversation, like this:

(1) Go to the top of the page and click on the envelope icon next to your Colony name:

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 09-51-34 Post thread.png

(2) Click on "Start a new conversation".

(3) In the box marked "Recipients" type in the name of the Guardian you're writing to. You don't need to use the "@" symbol.

(4) Type a subject and then write a brief message.

Most questions should be asked in the Café Life forum as outlined above, but if you need to ask something in confidence, then start a conversation.

Not Sure How To Do Something?

First check this forum to see if your query has already been answered in the list of FAQs… if so, it’s the quickest solution for you.

If no solution is obvious, then by all means create a new thread in the Café Life forum using the "Help Please!" prefix and you'll receive plenty of support.

For Bug Reports or Technical Issues
Please create a new thread for each bug report. Don’t simply add your post to someone else’s thread.
Be sure to give as much detailed information as possible, e.g. add a link if you can, let us know what type of browser you are using, and what operating system. Screenshots or videos are very useful.

And if you know the answer to another member's question, please jump in and help them here without waiting to be asked!

Problems with Your Subscription or Membership

Use this form to file an issue and we’ll get onto it.

Attachments

• 1717752011387.png
    1717752011387.png
    321.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Want / Don't Want Alerts from the Colony

Back