Fascinating article in the New Yorker by Harry's ghost

For anyone planning to query in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel L

Aug 24, 2021
Switzerland
A true insider account. You can see why he got the job. Also, I learned a few things about writing memoir.
BTW, you can access a few articles per month free with a non-paid account.

"jabberwocky of bonkers hot takes and classist snark." Ok. That's nailed it.

With Harry and all of the Royals I see average people being projected onto a Marvel universe collection of larger than life made-up characters. Arch villain or hero. By an accident of birth. Nothing can convince me that those people wouldnt rather have been wearing something else than those costumes. And fashion in the Royals circle is still defined by Diana. Any of those pics could have come from the 80's or 90's. Harry defiantly wearing his military medals was the only one who has ever done anything real.
They've all given us the best gossip. Just looking at Camilla, courtesan turned Queen, made me smile.

The pre coronation pics of Charles revealed he now looks exactly like his mother. What thoughts go through his head as because his MOTHER died he finally assumes a job that has no real description. Freud would have boggled at the implications. The BBC cameras revealed all and no courtier could spin it.

Last edited:
You can see why he got the job
True.
Just as well they worked on Zoom mostly. I smiled at the idea of finding a room big enough for two such substantial self-pitying egos, each battering away at trying to make it all about him.

BTW, the number of free 'New Yorker' articles is pretty small – I believe 3 or 4. I had to sign up for the reduced price trial in order to read this, but it certainly answered my question: 'what could the ghost have been thinking of?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

For anyone planning to query in the US

Back