Help! Comparative Titles

Fanfare! HEY! HEY! (again) MUST NOMINATE LITOPIA TODAY!!!!

Backpacking & Writing

Hannah F

I'm seeking recent (last two to three years) Young Adult books, preferably fantasy but not necessarily, that encompass protagonist(s) trying to deal with/overcome prejudice (racial or between species). Any suggestions warmly welcomed. I need a Christmas reading list (and beyond . . . )

Virtual round of drinks to all who think of one. Thanks in advance. :)

i don't read a lot of fantasy, but the one fantasy series i have read, i was obsessed with for a while (and am still into!) it's a bit more MG than YA, but Tui T. Sutherland's Wings of Fire series is a great read! engaging voice, compelling plot and characters, and generally a very enjoyable series. (also, dragons.)
the entire series is 15 books (plus some extras), but they're split into 'arcs' of five books, so don't be intimidated if you aren't into long series. plus, the WoF books are unique and recognizable in that each book is from the perspective of a different character, so it doesn't get boring at all. if you've got some free time on your hands to read through it, i would definitely recommend it!

Upvote 0
i don't read a lot of fantasy, but the one fantasy series i have read, i was obsessed with for a while (and am still into!) it's a bit more MG than YA, but Tui T. Sutherland's Wings of Fire series is a great read! engaging voice, compelling plot and characters, and generally a very enjoyable series. (also, dragons.)
the entire series is 15 books (plus some extras), but they're split into 'arcs' of five books, so don't be intimidated if you aren't into long series. plus, the WoF books are unique and recognizable in that each book is from the perspective of a different character, so it doesn't get boring at all. if you've got some free time on your hands to read through it, i would definitely recommend it!

My daughter loved Wings of Fire. Does it have the prejudice?

Upvote 0
The Hate U Give is a great book but not quite right as a comp and not recent enough.
if you'd like something similar but more recent, the author of The Hate U Give has a book that deals with nearly the same issues but was published two years later called On the Come Up. i discovered it through my school's library earlier this year; just as great as The Hate U Give!

Upvote 0
if you'd like something similar but more recent, the author of The Hate U Give has a book that deals with nearly the same issues but was published two years later called On the Come Up. i discovered it through my school's library earlier this year; just as great as The Hate U Give!
Thank you. :)
Children of Blood and Bone. Legendborn might also be a good fit.
Just looked it up. Could well be a good comp and sounds great! I'm definitely getting myself a copy. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

Fanfare! HEY! HEY! (again) MUST NOMINATE LITOPIA TODAY!!!!

Backpacking & Writing

Back