Litopia

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question...? Author CVs

georginaK

Georgina Key
LV

Does anyone have experience applying for a writing fellowship? An author cv/resume is required, along with several other components. I haven’t written a cv in decades and have never applied for a fellowship, so any advice would be wonderful! A pair of sharp eyes on my drafts would be even more appreciated!
Thank you!
Georgina

georginaK

Georgina Key
LV

Thank you Rachel! Where would be the best place to share my draft with you? I say draft—it’s really just a list at this point

Upvote 0

RK Capps

LV

Awards
Thank you Rachel! Where would be the best place to share my draft with you? I say draft—it’s really just a list at this point

Is it a Word document? If it is, I'd say post it in the Workshops (aka Writing Groups), but tick the 'Make this a private thread' box, then underneath, add RKCapps. Then it should be private between us, and if you want to add anyone else later, you can (three dots on the top right have that option) :)

Upvote 0

RG Worsey

LV

Awards
Key structure of a CV:

*Contact info (email, mobile, possibly address)
*Personal statement (in first person, summarise your skills and what you are looking for in one longish paragraph)
*Transferrable skills, as bullet points.
*Relevant publishing/employment history
*Education
*Contact info for references (or get them in advance yourself and quote here).

Upvote 0