• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Service Update Announcing Galleries & Albums To Show & Share Your Media

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
United-Nations
I’m pleased to announce a new feature in the Colony – Galleries and Albums.

Most of Litopia is, of course, devoted to the art and craft of wordsmithery… but words and images naturally go together, and now we’ve got an area here dedicated to precisely that.

Do have a play around with it. You can…

Upload pictures of exemplary book covers in the Iconic Book Covers gallery;

Share your mood boards in the Inspiring Mood Boards gallery;

And create your own personal albums in the Albums section.

Cafe Life is still a great place to share one-off pictures, videos and general interest visuals.

But our new Galleries feature now allows everyone to collaborate on and curate media collections that make coherent sense. Just one example – if everyone uploaded their own favourite book covers to the Iconic Book Covers gallery, then we’d quickly amass a wonderful collection of visuals that would serve as high-level inspiration for your own work.

The “Albums” feature is extremely broad… this is where you can curate your own, personal collections to share with other members… Love yarn bombing? Reveal your passion to others with your own album. Or perhaps you’re a chlorophyll painter? Astonish us with an album!

Any questions, post here.

OHHH I think I'm going to LOVE this feature.
Oh Boy High Quality GIF

Back