Fantastic Video: About Virginia Woolf

Helpful videos of use to writers

Fantastic Video: Great Advice on Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eva Ulian @Hannah F @Rich. --
I think this is a way to access the video that works! It did when I tried it in Preview.

By clicking on the Persective icon in the upper left-hand corner of the first video I posted and then searching on that YouTube page for Perspective (which is apparently based in the UK) I came up with this different linik to try. I hope it works so you can all see the video. I'm including the link only because for some reason I couldn't just embed it as media. https://www.youtube.com/@PerspectiveArts/search?query=Virginia Woolf

Nope, afraid not. I can see the Perspective channel on YouTube, but the Woolf video isn't there for me. I guess it's a rights thing.

Thank you for sharing. I read her books when I was a teen. Am rereading Dalloway. This helped.
I haven't read her books, but I've wanted to. I did get a copy from Amazon to read this week, but it's formatted with a ridiculously tiny font as well as very dense on the page (1/2 inch margins), and my eyes aren't what they used to be (macular degeneration and cataracts forming). I'm going to try to read it, or some of it, though, and hope to join the book club discussion this Saturday.

I've borrowed a copy from an English lecturer. It has a long introduction at the start which was really useful in distinguishing who's who. It's a short book but a slow read. I'm hoping to finish it in time. (I read it in my school days and, as I'm reading it now, realise I remembered none of it! (I don't think fifteen-year-old girlies was its target audience).

I read both Mrs. Dalloway and the Mrs. Dalloway short story/Novella preparing for the book club, then had to miss it. However, the Streep movie is a bit of a take on Dalloway, or at least Woolf writing it at stages.
But no, the video is blocked in Germany, as well.
This is pretty normal, and with video it's always regional. Chrikey, I remember having to repurchase all of my favorite DVDs back in the days when they existed, because region 1 (North America) discs were blocked from playing on region 2 (europe) players, unless you bought bootleg, which weren't region specific, or learned how to hack your player (which was pretty easy, but back in the day you had to ask someone who knew how to do that)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastic Video: Great Advice on Editing

Back