I am a self-employed writer, means I’m working for an idiot who doesn’t pay me enough – but the holidays are great.
I’m ex many occupations, from the respectable ‘career-ladder’ to disreputable “somebody’s- got-to-do-it”. All a good way of seeing someone else’s point-of-view. Best job, apart from writing, was dispatch-riding on a motorcycle in the 70’s, though I’ve also enjoyed teaching, librarianship, counselling and helping to run a community-centre. Sometimes I’ve looked respectable in a suit, other times a bit more wild and woolly ( though still stylish ) as a biker. It’s strange how differently people treat you, depending on what you’re wearing. A suit means I’m sometimes addressed as ‘sir’, but in motorcycle leathers I’m always referred to as ‘mate.’
The worst job that I’ve done ? You really don’t want to know, but it was in a processed food manufacturer’s factory – put me off bacon, sausages and quiches for a long time, and made me look at pet food in a new way. I’m very glad that I don’t have any pictures.
I’ve been writing since I was eight, when I penned a story about a desert island and attempted to compile a dictionary – as Clarissa does in my short story ‘The Moon Is Out Tonight’. I’ve written for magazines under a variety of pen-names, ghost-written a couple of biographies and had a column in a local newspaper.
I used to concentrate on non-fiction of an informative, how-to instructional nature, as I’m a firm believer in the dissemination of knowledge to enable people to do things for themselves. Knowledge is power, and in these troubled times of economic downturn and increased intrusion into our lives by government agencies, its vital to know how to get through. My fictional stories also show people coping and finding ways to survive.
I’m based in a Celtic nation,the county of Cornwall or Kernow. I’ve been here for twenty years, and have lived all over the country, as well as abroad in France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and the U.S.A.
- Your Bibliography
* A Man Out Walking His Dog - A tale of mistaken identity.
* Burpwallow Holler - Loyalty in post Civil War America.
* Quarry - A gangster becomes prey in a lethal reality TV show.
* Ghosting - How a lonely biologist finds peace with the ghosts of her life.
* Is It Her? - A new start is offered to a grieving widower.
* A Blue Tomorrow - Temptation and new beginnings on a farm.
* Hearts On Tour - Small town friends support one another.
* The Moon Is Out Tonight - Two soul-mates separated by circumstance.
* Due-Date - A soul in limbo is given a new job.
* Jacqui In Space - A 20th century explorer on 22nd century Mars.
* Over And Out - Things come to a head on a 50th wedding anniversary.
* In The Graveyard At Dawn - A boy and his dog among the graves.
* Soul-Swapping - Moving souls, a demon tries to get back to hell.
* 12 Country & Western Lyrics - hope, regret and seeing things as they are.
* 13 Kinds of Blue - trouble's your only friend, ain't it?
* A Dozen Pops - love in a bubble always goes pop.
* A Dozen Rocks - head down boogie along the highway.
* Box of Love - songs of love and hope.
* Howling For You - the sadness goes on and on.
* Love Stages - Love affairs seen at different phases.
* Love Begins - The thrill of the new, the nervousness and delight.
* Love Ends - What do you do when things go wrong?
* Love Hopes - How would you like love to happen?
* Love Wishes - In an ideal world your affair would be like this...
* Nature's Ways - Aspects of the natural world, happy and sad.
* Modern Times - What it means to live in the 21st century.
* Old Age Navigation - Ageing stinks, but it beats the alternative.
* Darkness - Written from the endless night of the soul.
* Darkness Darkness - We all have our dark side - how's yours?
* Loneliness - The poverty of the soul, when you're alone.
* Solitariness - The richness of the soul, when you go solo.
* Poems To Ponder - Thoughtful and amusing poems for children.
* Witches' Knickers - Silly and nonsense poems for young readers.
* Hold Onto Yourself - Funny and warm poems for youngsters.
* Friends And Other Confusions - 10 Poems on liking others and yourself.
* Building Story House - 10 Poems on creating stories
* Lost Among The Words - 10 Poems about Writing
* What Do You Like? - 9 Erotic Poems
* Chasing Big 'O' - 9 Erotic Poems
*Squeeze It - 10 Poems on Creativity and Setbacks
* We Stop Ourselves - 10 Poems on Creativity, Doubt and Self-Belief
* Love Scenes - 10 Poems about love
* Free To Fly - 10 poems on getting through
* The Perfect Murderer - a novel about a serial killer who makes no mistakes.
You have over 250 Review Credits!
The Big M... 1,000 messages posted. Darned impressive!
You successfully logged in!
Half a year as a Litopian! Doesn't time fly when you're writing...
You've just made your 500th post!
Content you have posted has attracted 500 likes.
Your content has been liked 250 times. Wowie!
You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes from your Litopia peers. You must be good, then.
30 messages posted. You must like it here!
Your messages have been liked 25 times.
Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting that stuff!
Congratulations – you’re a Colonist now!